With the temperatures rising, it’s safe to say the Heat is On and while sometimes the best place to cool off may be in a kiddie pool in your back yard, other times, you want to venture out to cool off.
Thank goodness we have compiled the Top 5 places to cool off in Western Washington!
5. Willis D Tucker Splash Pad The splash park at Willis D Tucker is the perfect place to cool off in and around Snohomish. There are tons of different toys for the kids and it’s easy for mom & dad to run in and out for a quick cool down!
4. Gail & Carolyn Shaw Aquatic Center– It’s a bit of a drive to Chehalis if you’re in and around Seattle, but if you’re headed that way, the Aquatics Center is a must-stop for a cool down! It was redone in 2014 and features slides, water toys and a beach-entry-style pool!
3. Birch Bay Water Slides– The Birch Bay Slides would actually be higher on our list if they were closer to the Puget Sound, but since it’s a bit of a trek to Birch Bay, they come in at #3. They have eight slides, a kiddie pool, activity pool and hot tub!
2. Henry Moses Aquatic Center– You’ve probably seen Henry Moses as you’ve been sitting in traffic on 405 in Renton, that water will be calling your name as the temps increase and for good reason! Henry Moses has 15 water features including a six-lane lap pool, a wave pool, two 26-foot tall water slides, and a lazy river! Smaller splashing awaits you in the leisure pool that contains a toddler water play area, an island lagoon, numerous spray features, and zero-depth entry. What are you waiting for?
1. Wild Waves– There’s no better place to head to when it’s hot out than Wild Waves in Federal Way. You can zoom down the water slides, rush down the raging river, take it easy on the lazy river, hang out in the wave pool, zoom down zooma falls or pay a visit to Hook’s lagoon, Wild Waves literally has it all!