Now that we’ve put the Super Bowl behind us (we have put it behind us, haven’t we?) it’s time to start thinking about springtime, sunshine, and baseball. The Mariners spring training schedule starts the first week of March, and the regular season home opener is April 6. But how about taking your commitment to the Ms and kicking it up a notch — by actually working for the team! Hey, if George Costanza could do it, you could too!
The Mariners have quite a few job openings for Day of Game staff positions, which they hope to fill following a job fair the last weekend of this month at Safeco Field. But you have a fill out an online application now — it’s due on February 10.
Here’s what they’re looking for:
2015 Seattle Mariners Job Fair
Applications for the 2015 Seattle Mariners Day of Game Staff are now being accepted!
The Seattle Mariners will be interviewing qualified and motivated individuals for a variety of Day of Game Staff positions on February 25th – 28th at Safeco Field. To apply, please submit the following application by February 10th, 2015.
- Previous experience in a customer-driven environment preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be available to work 80% of home games (approx. 60 games) including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be willing to take a mandatory drug test
Application Closing Date:
- Tuesday, February 10th, 2015
- If selected, you will be contacted on February 17th or 18th to set up an interview time. Candidates must be available for an in-person group interview February 25th – 28th at Safeco Field.
- Beginning at $11.00 per hour (starting April 1st)
Some of the positions they’re looking to fill include Elevator/Escalator Host, Gate Host, Seating Host, Fielder (I don’t think this means you actually play in the outfield), Security, and Ticketing.
Get over to the Ms website now to download that application and begin your baseball career.