It’s Grammy Night! And for his fifth season in a row the main event will be hosted by L.L. Cool J. It’s a long day for our celebs, as the award show is is an ALL-DAY event:
The National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences holds two ceremonies: the pre-telecast ceremony, where approximately 70 of the some 80 awards are handed out and the main telecast ceremony where splashy performances take place and the winners in the major, more general categories are revealed.
The main event, which takes place across the way at Staples Center, will air on CBS from 5 to 8:30 p.m. PST. But do check your local listings to be sure.
Some things to look forward to during main event:
- Seven-time nominee Swift will open the show with a track from her nominated album, “1989.”
- Four-time nominees Alabama Shakes, jazz artist and two-time nominee Joey Alexander and two-time nominee Miguel are also set to take the stage.
- “Hello” songstress and 10-time Grammy winner Adele will return to the stage after four years, performing a track from her latest album, “25.”
- Lady Gaga will perform a tribute to the late David Bowie.
- Lead nominee Kendrick Lamar, who has two Grammys already and 11 nods this year, will take the stage.
- More (HERE)
Story source: Los Angeles Times