Grandstand opens at 9:15 p.m.
Washington State Fair--Grandstand
Dancin’ In The Dirt Party
Featuring a live concert from southern rock band 38 Special. These “Standing In The Dirt Only” tickets offer access to the concert and party up close and in the dirt. Wine, beer and cocktails will be available for purchase.
NEW! EXCLUSIVE PRE-CONCERT ACCESS TO THE PEN
Dancin’ In the Dirt concert ticket holders will get exclusive access to The Pen prior to the concert start time. The Pen is a new gathering spot, for guests ages 21+, with a full bar and picnic seating where you can pre-funk before the Dancin’ In The Dirt starts. Only Dancin’ In The Dirt concert ticket holders have access to The Pen, where you might even get a glimpse of the rodeo action. Note: Rodeo/Concert combo ticket holders do not have access to The Pen.
Dancin’ In The Dirt Schedule
- 7:30pm – The Pen opens for Dancin’ In The Dirt Ticket Holders
- 9:00pm – Grandstand seating Rodeo ticket holders get first access to dirt, via Grandstand gate 12 walkway. Access for Concert-only ticket holders under age 21 will be through gate 13.
- 9:15pm – Dancin’ In The Dirt ticket holders get access to the dirt, through The Pen via Grandstand gate 1
Party & Concert Only Tickets – $40 (does not include Rodeo)
- NEW in 2020! Your concert ticket is also your Fair gate admission ticket. Present your concert ticket at any Fair gate for admission on the same day as the show.
- Dancin’ In The Dirt Concert-only tickets DO NOT include admission to the Rodeo performance. If you would like to purchase combo rodeo and concert tickets, click here.
- Remember to wear appropriate footwear for standing in the dirt.
- Concert tickets include Washington State Fair gate admission, up to a $16 value.
- Concert ticket required for children 2 years of age and older.
*Online orders subject to standard fees. A $5.00 service fee will be added to each ticket purchased in person at the Box Office. All tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable, regardless of weather. Events held rain or shine.
Please note: There is no wheelchair access or seating on the dirt arena floor; standing room only.
ABOUT THE ARTIST
After more than four decades together, 38 Special continues to bring a signature blast of Southern Rock to over 100 cities a year. And at each and every show, thousands of audience members are amazed by the explosive power of the band’s performance.
Their many Gold and Platinum album awards stand in testament to the endurance of a legendary powerhouse.
With sales in excess of 20 million, most associate the band with their arena-rock pop smashes, “Hold On Loosely,” “Rockin’ Into the Night,” “Caught Up in You,” “Fantasy Girl,” “If I’d Been the One,” “Back Where You Belong,” “Chain Lightnin’,” “Second Chance,” and more – Timeless hits that remain a staple at radio, immediately recognizable from the first opening chord, and paving the way to their present-day touring regimen.
Guitarist/vocalist Don Barnes says it’s all about maintaining that intensity in their live shows. “We never wanted to be one of those bands that had maybe gotten a little soft or complacent over the years. We’re a team, and it’s always been kind of an unspoken rule that we don’t slack up, we stack up. We go out there every night to win.”
Completing the team is bassist Barry Dunaway, drummer Gary Moffatt and keyboardist/vocalist Bobby Capps. The most recent addition to the band is legendary virtuoso guitarist and vocalist Jerry Riggs. For 38 Special onstage, it is a celebration of camaraderie and brotherhood, a precision unit bringing the dedication and honesty to a long history of classic songs, as well as surprisingly fresh new material.
Since 1976, the band has released more than 15 albums. And from the start, they’ve toured relentlessly, bringing their signature brand of ‘muscle and melody’ to fans worldwide.Buy Tickets