“We need to talk.” Four words that have to be the most-dreaded conversation starters. But if you do need to have a heart-to-heart with your spouse or partner, some times are better than others. It’s not in the middle of a football game or The Bachelorette, that’s for sure. A new survey of 1,000 women and men reveals that the best time to have a serious chat is . . . 8:15 at night.
Here’s what else they discovered in the survey, from the Huffington Post:
- Women say they are most likely to bring up a tricky topic at 8:20 a.m., but 8:15 p.m. is when most men say that they are most likely to tune in to their partner.
- Nearly 40 percent of men enjoy having meaningful conversations while driving.
- The worst time to talk to a man is probably when he’s playing video games or watching football. Only 1 percent of men say they listen to their partner when approached while gaming, and 92 percent of men do not want to entertain a conversation in the middle of the game.
- Ladies, if you need a favor, ask your husband or boyfriend when he’s around his family: More than one in five men say that they would comply with their partner’s requests if they were made in front of his family.
- Avoid leading into the talk with “We need to talk” — these words truly are the most feared conversation starter, 80 percent of men say.
See? It’s not hard to have a serious talk. It’s all about the timing. Read the whole story here.