Before you leave work today…check out this list and DON’T do them! Safe travels.
1. Dialing a number on your phone. You’re 12 times more likely to crash while doing it.
2. Reading or writing. You’re 10 times more likely to crash if you do either of them while driving.
3. Reaching for something OTHER than your cell phone, nine times more likely to crash.
4. Texting, six times more likely.
5. Reaching for your phone, just under five times more likely to crash.
6. Browsing on your phone or reading email, about three times more likely.
They also found the average driver gets distracted at least once on more than half of their drives, distracted driving is a factor in 70% of serious crashes, and you’re 36 times more likely to crash if you drive drunk.
Story originally posted by the New York Times.