What is ANGEL CARE? In short it's a Breast Cancer Foundation (non-profit 501-c) made up of breast cancer survivors who truly understand how it feels to be given this diagnosis and provides one-on-one emotional support. They exist to fill a need within the greater Puget Sound area, an area with one of the highest breast cancer rates in the nation. Check out the website (HERE).
Angel Care is...
- knowing which questions to ask the doctor
- knowing how to recognize a helpful support group
- finding beneficial reading material
- locating cosmetic helps
- obtaining medical information (i e. Tamoxifen, etc.]
- networking with others about surgery options
- recovering emotionally during treatment
Angel Care's second annual 5K Walk, "Wings of Courage" will be held at Marymoore Park (Redmond) on Saturday, May 11th and would LOVE for you to take part to help raise funds and awareness. And what's really cool is that 100% of the funding and services stay right here in Puget Sound Region and...there is no fee for the 1:1 emotional support. Awesome. So get your walkin' shoes and team together! Registration info (HERE). - Shellie Hart
Photo/Image Source: Angel Care Facebook
Content Source: Angel Care Foundation (Website)