3/4 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 large egg
2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon ground ginger (and another 1/4 tsp if you really like the ginger zip:)
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Mix pudding and pie filling mix with butter and sugar; add egg, and blend well.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, ginger, and cinnamon...then blend into pudding mixture.
3. Chill dough for 1 hour or until firm. (IMPORTANT;)
4. Roll dough on a floured board to about 1/4 inch thick and cut with desired cookie cutter(s).
5. Place on greased baking sheets. (Hint) use a straw to make a hole in the top of the cookie for hanging on the tree, if desired.
6. Bake at 350F for 10 to 12 minutes.
8. Decorate as desired. (I hit up the bulk food sections this time of year, most will stock up on fun-holiday candies)