Having a NEW YEAR'S EVE Party? Going to one and need a host 'gift'? I've been doing this one for years. Try this 'mix' on:)
White Chocolate Chex Mix
1 1/2 cups Cheerios or Toasted O's cereal
1 1/2 cups Rice Chex
1 bag Pretzel M&M's
1 (8) ounce bag twisted pretzels
1 bag white chocolate chips (have another handy)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Mix it all up!
- Pour all cereal, pretzels and M&M's in bowl.
- Have a large sheet of parchment paper out on counter to pour/spread mixture onto.
- Melt chocolate and veg oil in microwave save bowl (in microwave) with setting on pre-heat. Melts fast so check every 20 seconds. When chips look mostly melted, just stir mix until they are (that way it doesn't get too hot to handle when you mix as I found it easiest to mix with hands).
- Pour chocolate into mixture and mix quickly and spread out on parchment paper. Let harden, break and boom! You done.
NOTE: Cannot reheat chocolate, gets kinda chalky. If you feel that you didn't have enough chocolate perhaps melt a bit more (I always have two bags for this) and drizzle a bit on top of mixture before you break it up. Also give is a very yummy look.
My variations are:
- Adding additional Peanut M&M's (or seasonal M&M flavors like the cherry)
- Sprinke with with busted up candy canes
- Dust with cayanne pepper for the salty-sweet-hot finish
ORIGINAL RECIPE here. It makes a pile! Enjoy. - Shellie Hart