You don't have to be 'coupled off' to enjoy Valentines Day:) Here are a few ideas that celebrates YOU. - Shellie Hart
1. ** Invite a few friends over for an appetizer exchange, a potluck dinner or a Decadent Dessert gathering at your home. Decorate your house and your table for the occasion and include festive drinks, such as champagne with a splash of Chambord (raspberry liqueur), Cosmopolitans, Shirley Temples with maraschino cherries or hot chocolate with pink marshmallows. At the end of the evening, send everyone home with a cute token (a heart-shaped keychain, a small heart-shaped picture frame or a few foil-wrapped chocolate hearts in a cellophane bag tied with ribbon) as a memento. The best part about this idea is that you can invite as few or as many people as you care to include; be they just your two best friends or a large group.
2. ** Plan an outing to a place that is not a typical "couples" place to visit on Valentine's Day. For example, bowling parties are huge fun and inexpensive -- plus it is virtually impossible to be gloomy while wearing hilariously awful bowling shoes.
3. ** Treat yourself. It is not selfish and it is not greedy to take the time to pay attention to you. You deserve to be pampered and treated like the awesome person that you are and if this means that for the time being, you have to do it yourself -- then go right ahead and do it yourself. Some ideas:
- Visit a department store cosmetic counter or have an at-home beauty consultant come in and try a makeover -- something completely different from your usual look. If you love it, you have just discovered a "new you" and if you hate it, it all washes off:)
- Book a mini-massage or a single spa treatment, which also need not be expensive. Do a little research or better still, consult your friends for recommendations (or win one of our SPA WEEKEND GETAWAYS:)
- When was the last time you took an actual bubble bath instead of just 10 minutes in the shower before dashing off to work or to run the kids? Pour yourself a cool glass of your favorite beverage; light an aromatherapy candle, add some bubble bath and jump in. No interruptions allowed.
Pamper YOU with a WARM 106.9 SPA WEEKEND GETAWAY to CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La