- Alzheimer's is the 3rd leading cause of death in Washington State
- In Washington State, there are more than 150,000 individuals with Alzheimer's or a related dementia, and over 350,000 family members and friends that provide in excess of 368 million hours of unpaid care
- These numbers are expected to triple by 2050 unless we find a cure
- The Walk to End Alzheimer's is the nation's largest event to raise awareness and funds in support of Alzheimer's programs & services - 24/7 Helpline, care consultation, support groups, education and training, advocacy -- and research.
- Held annually in more than 600 communities nationwide and 10 locations in the Western and Central Washington State Chapter region, this inspiring event calls on participants of all ages and abilities to reclaim the future for millions.
- Alzheimer's is progressive, degenerative and fatal. And we don't have a cure. Fundraising gets us closer to one!
- To register, call 206.529.3898, visit alzwa.org
Listen to Warm 106.9's Mark Christopher interview Justine, Event Coordinator for The Walk to End Alzheimer's!