I love fall, and look forward to it every year - not to mention it's corn maze time again! Farms all over Washington open for fall harvest season with outdoor fun & activities for families.
You will find corn mazes, but many locations also have animals, U-pick pumpkin patches, playgrounds, hay rides, haunted houses, cow trains, corn cannons, and u-pick corn. I personally love sipping hot apple cider and watching the kids wrestle in a pit of dry corn, haha!
I've listed some of my favorite mazes, with their websites, in many Washington cities. Some that we have tested and loved....and the new Marshawn Lynch BEASTMODE maze!!
North of Seattle -
Edmonds - http://www.fairbankfarm.com
East of Seattle -
Auburn - http://www.mosbyfarm.com
Kent - http://www.carpinito.com/
Buckley - http://www.marisfarms.com/
Enumclaw - http://www.thomassonfamilyfarm.com/
Olympia/Tumwater - Marshawn Lynch BEASTMODE MAZE! http://www.rutledgecornmaze.com/
And here's a fun leaf activity we do every year with family to hang in the window, to be artsy ;)
and LEAVES picked by your kidlets!
1. Lay out your towel, and set your iron to low, no steam.
2. Lay out your wax paper on top of the towel.
2. Arrange your leaves, making sure there is space between them.
4. Grate your leaf-matching or favorite fall colored crayon shavings onto the wax paper.
5. Lay another sheet of wax paper over your creation.
6. Lay the second towel over the wax paper, and iron slowly so that the sheets melt together.
7. Display on the windows where light shines through and everyone can admire your artwork!
Happy Fall, Warm family, and have a beautiful weekend!