Have your family listen mornings at 7:15 for "Weekday Warmups" and win great prizes! If there is one person in Seattle that loves a daily radio contest as much as you, it's our own Mark Christopher. Each day to help wake-up your brain, he creates a different contest of trivia, teases or tunes as a "Weekday Warmup".
Check out this week's hints and questions below, and call 1-800-622-1069 when you hear the cue-to-call weekdays at 7:15AM. Good luck!
Giveaways for the week of May 27th!
Listen this week at 7:15AM for your chance to win:
- A pair of tickets to a select Chateau Ste. Michelle Summer Concert Series show!
TICKETS ON SALE FRIDAY, MAY 31 at 10:00 a.m.at 10am. Available on Ticketmaster.com, at all Ticketmaster outlets, at the Chateau Ste. Michelle Wine Shop or charge by phone at 800-745-3000.
- MICHAEL FRANTI & SPEARHEAD AND RODRIGO Y GABRIELA with special guest NICKI BLUHM & THE GRAMBLERS on Friday, July 5 at 6PM
- ROBERT PLANT PRESENTS SENSATIONAL SPACE SHIFTERS with special guests RAILROAD EARTH and BRUCE HORNSBY & THE NOISEMAKERS on Saturday, July 6 at 5PM
- NATALIE MAINES on Monday, July 22 at 7PM
- ONEREPUBLIC AND SARA BAREILLES with special guest CHURCHILL on Monday, September 2 at 6:30PM
For more information and a complete list of the 2013 line-up, visit the Chateau Concerts website at www.WineryConcerts.com. The Chateau Ste. Michelle 2013 Summer Concert Series--don't miss it! Produced by The Lakeside Group.
Check out the questions below so you can be prepared!
No game today, Happy Memorial Day!
"The Name Game"...a real name of a celebrity is provided. We then give you three choices as to who it is. You pick the right one.
"Seattle Street Name Scramble"...we give you the letters of a street name scrambled, name this street that is in the downtown area.
"The Voice Radio Edition"...an audio clip is played. Can you name the celebrity?
"Battle Of The Bands"...you will hear audio of both the actual group/artist vs. a tribute band...tell me which is the real one.
Questions from last week!
"The Name Game"...I provide a name. You then choose 1 of 3 celebrity names I share of who this person is.
- Bonus Question! What is the main ingredient in making a hummingbird nest?
- Answer: Spider webs. Note, will also accept lichen or moss.
"Toys for Girls and Boys"...I will describe a popular toy and you will be asked to answer trivia about that toy.
- Bonus Question! What flower color is most attractive to and visited more often by hummingbirds?
- Answer: Red.
"Mystery of the Music"...I will have a song or artist featured and a mystery for you to solve.
- Bonus Question! Which hummingbird is becoming more and more common to see year-round in the Puget Sound area?
- Answer: Anna’s Hummingbird.
"Fact or Fishy"...I will share a statement of interest. Is it a fact? Or fishy?
- Bonus Question! Which species of bird arrives in our area every March from Honduras and Nicaragua, devours thousands of flying insects in our yards and neighborhoods, and is easy to attract to a proper nest box placed just for them to raise their young?
- Answer: Violet Green Swallows.
"Song of the Cinema"...This song is in our library but do you remember the movie it's from?
- Bonus Question! Some birds eat both seeds and suet including one bird that says its name as it sings. This bird also takes food from your feeder and caches it to eat later on. What bird is it?
- Answer: Chickadee, their song sounds like chick–a–dee–dee, chick–a–dee-dee.