Have your family listen mornings at 7:15 for "Weekday Warmups" and win great prizes! If there is one person in Seattle that loves a daily radio contest as much as you, it's our own Mark Christopher. Each day to help wake-up your brain, he creates a different contest of trivia, teases or tunes as a "Weekday Warmup".
Check out this week's hints and questions below, and call 1-800-622-1069 when you hear the cue-to-call weekdays at 7:15AM. Good luck!
Giveaways for the week of May 20th!
Listen this week at 7:15AM for your chance to win:
- A Wild Birds Unlimited Prize Pack! Plus, see below for the Daily "Bonus Question"...if you answer correctly you'll receive a fabulous additional prize!
Advanced Pole System, Basic Setup Hanging Hardware
Our exclusive, patented Advanced Pole System® (APS) Basic Setup is the perfect beginning to your ultimate bird feeding and/or watering station designed to meet your own individual needs. Looks Great, Stays Straight!
Tidy Seed Cylinder Feeder
Featuring a tray that reduces the amount of uneaten seed debris that falls to the ground, our Tidy Cylinder Feeder makes offer seed cylinders easy.
No-Mess Seed Cylinder
Packed with sunflower chips, peanuts, tree nuts, and cherries, our No-Mess Seed Cylinder will entice a variety of birds and is a tidy dining option that they will enjoy. No shells means no mess and no wasted food, making this seed cylinder a great value.
Small High Perch Hummingbird Feeder
Our Small High Perch™ Hummingbird Feeder will help you attract hummingbirds to your yard. It features a high perch that allows hummingbirds to comfortably rest, providing you with better, longer views of the birds.
For more information, visit WBU.com/PugetSound.
This week, in addition to the Weekday Warmup question, Mark will ask each day's winner a Bonus Question for a chance to win a fabulous additional prize!
Check out the questions below so you can be prepared!
"The Name Game"...I provide a name. You then choose 1 of 3 celebrity names I share of who this person is.
- Bonus Question! What is the main ingredient in making a hummingbird nest?
- Answer: Spider webs. Note, will also accept lichen or moss.
"Toys for Girls and Boys"...I will describe a popular toy and you will be asked to answer trivia about that toy.
- Bonus Question! What flower color is most attractive to and visited more often by hummingbirds?
- Answer: Red.
"Mystery of the Music"...I will have a song or artist featured and a mystery for you to solve.
- Bonus Question! Which hummingbird is becoming more and more common to see year-round in the Puget Sound area?
- Answer: Anna’s Hummingbird.
"Fact or Fishy"...I will share a statement of interest. Is it a fact? Or fishy?
- Bonus Question! Which species of bird arrives in our area every March from Honduras and Nicaragua, devours thousands of flying insects in our yards and neighborhoods, and is easy to attract to a proper nest box placed just for them to raise their young?
- Answer: Violet Green Swallows.
"Song of the Cinema"...This song is in our library but do you remember the movie it's from?
- Bonus Question! Some birds eat both seeds and suet including one bird that says its name as it sings. This bird also takes food from your feeder and caches it to eat later on. What bird is it?
- Answer: Chickadee, their song sounds like chick–a–dee–dee, chick–a–dee-dee.
Questions from last week!
"Movie Lines Of The Mind"...Listen to this famous movie quote and name the movie!
"Seattle First Challenge"...Three claims to fame are shared of being first, which one does Seattle own?
"Battle Of The Band"...One clip is the real band, the other clip is a Tribute band...choose the real band/artist.
"Game Board Challenge"...Knowledge of the game CHESS would help...
"TV Theme Song Challenge"...Name the show this theme is from!