It's back-to-school time, which can mean only one thing . . . time to talk about
how YOUNG high schoolers are, and how more experienced we are.
This year's high school freshmen are the class of 2017, so they were born in 1998 or 1999 . . .
which means they don't really remember much from before 2004 or 2005. Here's what that
means . . .
1. Not only did they never have to use paper maps, they never lived in a world without GPS
devices. They probably never even used Mapquest.
2. They never watched TV in the era before DVRs.
3. They're the same age as "Family Guy" and younger than the BACKSTREET BOYS . . .
meaning the group itself, not the guys in the band, who are also obviously way older.
4. They never had to use floppy discs or VHS tapes.
5. They're so young even MYSPACE was before their time. It was on the way out when they
were around eight.
6. Their first movie could've been the THIRD "Star Wars" prequel.
7. They've always lived in a world where NIRVANA could be classic rock.
8. They never saw gas cost less than $1.
9. Who are The Beatles, HEART and The Super Sonics?
10. Bite Of Seattle was at Green Lake once? Who is Chip Hanauer? A Phone Booth is what?