The following notes will at least keep you in conversation among the football fans at your house or Sports Bar. I say attend any party your invited to, enjoy the food and chat in the kitchen while the game plays. Here is the "106" on our football team.....
*First playoff game Seahawks ever played was 1983 vs. Denver (Seattle win!)
*Our Quarterback Russell Wilson is playing his first year in the NFL. He is a Rookie and now the most talked about QB in the league. He is in running for Rookie of the Year. Most rookies, like any profession, are never given top spot in first year.
*The cheering at Century Link Field during the game can be loud enough to register on nearby Seismic Measuring devices. (We are the loudest stadium of any NFL stadium in the country.) The New York Giansts one year even asked the NFL to investigate for audio devises playing crowd sounds to make it so loud.
*Our cheerleaders (Sea Gals) are one of few NFL squads that get paid for each performance. They are not allowed to date any of the players. TV Networks take more footage of theses ladies than any other NFL cheerleaders besides Dallas.
*Seahawks have played in only one Superbowl (Superbowl 40) vs Detroit. The game was played in Pittsburg. We lost that game as many claim the referee’s were making bad calls.
*When in the playoffs it’s a one game elimination. Even if your team is 16-0 going into playoffs, One loss and your done.
* Once the regular season ends the playoffs then go to a Wildcard game, NFC Divisional Round, NFC Championship, then Superbowl. (Yes, only 3 games Max to Superbowl) This is same for The AFC.
* NFC is National Football Conference, AFC is American Football Conference (Seattle has been on each side during team history and currently NFC)
* The Seahawks began here in 1976 when we had the KINGDOME open.
* We are the only NFL team in the Northwest region (Washington, Oregon, Idaho) and have major fans support in Alaska and Hawaii.
* Seahawks games and the state of the art Century Link Stadium created major rise in Parking lot fees on game day. Lots will raise price from normal $10 rate to $40 for a given Sunday.
* This Sundays game vs San Francisco was moved to Prime time Sunday (5pm on NBC) because of its major importance for both teams. It’s expected to be one of the most watched games of the season. This is a Regular Season game, not playoffs yet.
* This year no NFL team has beat the Seahawks at Century Link Field. We were also undefeated during Pre-Season this year (home and away), remember?
* Superbowl XLVII will be played Feb 3 in New Orleans