So if you and I were having coffee and you asked me ‘Mark, what is there to do this weekend around here?” This would be my “Top 10’ers of Fun”
· Camping anywhere Statewide. Highway 410 past Crystal Mountain Ski area and over Chinook Pass is a favorite for many Free campgrounds and many Fee Campgrounds that few know about. North Cascades Highway is fixed and re-opens in time for Holiday travel.
· Boating on Puget Sound still offers Salmon Fishing (Recreational Crabbing ends midnight Monday)
· Bumbershoot is still a fun Music festival. The Admission keeps the crowds smaller than Folklife and there seems to be a good mix of everything in music, art, crafts, talents and food too. This is Sat-Mon (nothing today)
· Do some baking with the kids and maybe it's a dessert? Then you can submit it at KCTS9.ORG and maybe be selected to share that recipe with me on LIVE television in a few weeks (new show; KCTS9 COOKS "Just Desserts"
· Have a Garage Sale. There are many of us around and looking for treasures and useful items. Sat or Sun are both good days, Mon is not (many heading home)
· Snoqualmie Casino has Kool and The Gang (tonight) and Teen Idols (Peter Noone-Hermans Hermits, Micky Dolenz-The Monkees, and David Cassidy to wrap up Summer Concert series this weekend (you gotta do the Buffet too!) The “Price Is Right Game Show” is later in Sept.
· Downtown Seattle (Shopping, Lunch) even seek out the Klondike Museum, Seattle Police Museum and Seattle Fire Dept Museum all in Pioneer Square. Okay, over one year now and you still have not taken a spin on The Seattle Great Wheel at Miners Landing?
· Alki or Golden Gardens Beach as weather Sat and Sun are in 80s. Late evening bonfire make sure it’s clean wood (no painted boards or nails in the wood)
· Mt. Rainier National Park via Highway 7-Eatonville. Ashford has the Mt. Rainier Railroad Scenic Ride. You can make the Park entrance in 2 hrs from Seattle. If you plan to hike to Camp Muir for the day, plan for snow above 10,000 feet.
· Ocean Beaches/Westport is a fun day trip. Take along a good picnic lunch for the family. Most campgrounds are full and motels are few for rooms right now so that’s why a day trip is best during this weekend.