The new season of Shrimp season has been announced. In most years you would only see a one day fishery. Maybe this is reason to rig and ready your boat soon (even a 12 foot car topper could do the job). What a great family outing and experience when you are able to catch these fairly large prawns in more areas than just Hood Canal. Shrimp Pots, Bait and Basics of Shrimp are available at many local Fishing/Outdoor Supply Stores. You can also e-mail me for Q/A firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hood Canal Shrimp District (Marine Area 12): Open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on May 4, 8, 15, 18 and 22.
- Discovery Bay Shrimp District (Marine Area 6): Open from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. on May 4, 8, 15, 18 and 22.
- Marine Areas 4 (east of the Bonilla-Tatoosh line), 5, 6 and 13 (excluding Discovery Bay Shrimp District) : Open daily beginning May 4 at 7 a.m. The spot shrimp season closes when the quota is attained or Sept. 15, whichever comes first. The exception is Marine Area 13, which closes for spot shrimp May 31.
- Marine Area 7 East and South: Open May 4 at 7 a.m. for a one-day fishery and will reopen May 8-11, May 15-18, May 29 - June 1.
- Marine Area 7 West: Open May 4 at 7 a.m., open Wednesday through Saturday each week until June 1. After June 1 the area will be open Thursday through Saturday each week until the quota is reached or Sept. 15, whichever comes first.
- Marine Areas 8-1, 8-2 (Everett Area, Whidbey Is.), 9 (Edmonds area), 10 (Seattle area) and 11 (West Seattle and South): Open May 4 and May 8 from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.