So many have asked ‘how’ to help. Awesome. The Phinney Neighborhood Association is a solid ‘go to’ and one you can trust. See below:
- The Phinney Neighborhood Association has set up an online fundraiser. You can make tax-deductible donations for people affected by the explosion; 100% of the money raised goes directly to relief efforts.
- A community member has set up a GoFundMe page to support employees of Neptune Coffee, Mr. Gyros, and a QuickStop – businesses destroyed in the explosion.
- Another neighbor has set up a Fundly account.
And according to PNA, there are several fund raising efforts…
- Naked City Brewing is hosting a fundraiser on Thursday, March 10 from 11:30 am to midnight. 100% of proceeds of the Greenwood Phoenix Golden Ale will go to the relief fund.
- IRG Physical and Hand Therapy of Greenwood is currently collecting donations for the fund at their business located at 514 N. 85th St.
- Greenwood Senior Center is collecting donations.
- Greenwood PT (8750 Greenwood Ave N Suite S-1) will be collecting donations in their office on Thursday, March 10 and will match all funds received up to $2,500.
- Lucky Envelope Brewing will be donating $1 from all full pours and $2 of all growler fills to the fund on Thursday, March 10 (3-9 pm), and will be accepting monetary donations for the fund for the next week.
- Populuxe Brewing and Stoup Brewing will be donating $1 per pint to support relief efforts.
- Naked City Brewery is teaming up with Derek Sheen to present a Stand Up Comedy Benefit Show for businesses and employees affected by the explosion in Greenwood. Featuring Derek Sheen, Elicia Sanchez, Drew Barth, and Xung Lam. Tickets are $10 at the door, with all proceeds going to the relief fund. Saturday, March 12, 8 pm.
- Buy a monkey: The PNA has been selling the infamous lighted holiday monkeys as a fundraiser for Greenwood Senior Center, but we have decided to change the beneficiary to the Greenwood Relief Fund instead. Monkeys can be purchased for $300 or more ($200 of which is tax-deductible). Only 50 are available. More information »
- Support the employees: Community member Jason Malcom created a gofundme account to support the employees at Neptune Coffee, Mr Gyros and Quick Stop, the businesses destroyed in the explosion. The first $25,000 will go directly to those businesses’ employees and that everything over the goal will help with broader relief efforts. The PNA is the fiscal sponsor and will help distribute the funds to the appropriate parties involved. Donate to the gofundme »
- Attend a show: Taproot Theatre’s Stage Door Cafe will be hosting the band IvyLane on Saturday, March 12 from 6-8 pm. A portion of the proceeds made at this event will be going to help their neighbors.
- Eat out: The Heavy Restaurant Group is collecting donations at all their locations this weekend, and matching a percentage. (Barrio Restaurant, Purple Café & Wine Bar, Lot No. 3, The Commons, Meet the Moon, Cast Iron Studios)
- Do yoga: Whole Life Yoga is offering three “by donation” classes on Sunday, March 20 (12:30 pm, 2 pm, 3:30 pm) and donating 100% of the proceeds. View flier »