Lots of fun Mother’s Day Celebrations and Events happening around the Puget Sound all weekend long:) Seattle Pipeline have several invitations (see below). If you wish to do a brunch, better to make those reservations sooner than later, here’s a GREAT list of Seattle places to check with (HERE). Your Mom’s Day planning starts here! - Shellie Hart
MOTHER’S DAY CELEBRATION at Market Place @ Factoria with WARM 106.9
SAT: Join WARM 106.9 from Noon-2pm as we celebrate Mom. Each will receive a Gerbera Daisy, plus enter to win a Grand Prize Mom’s Day package from Marketplace merchants. (HERE)
- FRI-SUN: Mother’s Day Sale @ Kruckeberg Botanic Garden in Shoreline. Trilliums, Rare Natives, Unusual Bulbs, Ferns & Forest Floor Rarities.
- SAT: Point Defiance Zoo ‘Half Price’ Mom’s Day!
- SAT: Woodland Park Zoo ‘Mom & Me’ Day.
- SAT: Mother’s Day Weekend Georgetown Art Attack Second Saturday, Neighborhood Art Walk, Participants, Map, Free.
- SAT: The Dinner Detective @ The Hotel Deca Largest Murder Mystery Dinner Show.
- SAT: Free Historic Tour of Moore Theater 100+ Years Of Performances.
- SAT & SUN: Ride the Snoqualmie Valley Railroad for Mothers Day 2014 Mothers Ride Free. Happy Mothers Day!
- SUN: Mom’s Day w/Seattle Mariners. All mom’s receive a white M’s cap.
- SUN: Point Defiance Zoo features ‘Marvelous Mom’s’
- SUN: Tacoma Second Sunday Concert Series @ Seymour Conservatory
- SUN: Mother’s Day Brunch @ Pike Place Market Seductive Specialty Foods, Candied Bacon, Fresh Cider, Gift Baskets
Some other things to check out this weekend…
- THUR – SUN Seattle Maritime Festival features free harbor tours, tugboat tours and races, wooden-boat building for kids, survival-suit demos, and a chowder cook off.
- FRI & SAT NW Paddling Festival Canoeists, kayakers, and paddleboarders unite at Lake Sammamish State Park for demos, tours, races, and exhibits.
- FRI-SUN Sesame Street Live ‘Make A New Friend’ at Tacoma Dome.
- FRI-SUN Rainier Independent Film Festival Watch films and mingle with filmmakers in Mount Rainier’s shadow.
- FRI-SUN Camano Island Studio Tour is a self-guided visit to 48 artists, 31 studios, and 3 galleries. Free.
- SAT Seattle STORM ‘FanFest’ @ Greenlake Community Center at 1:30. FREE
- SAT Rat City Rollergirls Bout 5 at the KEY at 5:30.
- SAT West Seattle Community Garage Sale Day. All over the area. HUGE!
- SAT Snohomish Cider Festival Taste local ciders, meet the makers, & eat appetizers at Craven Farm, age 21+.
- SAT Gig Harbor Beer Fest Features 18 NW craft brewers and live music in Gig Harbor.
- SAT Mariners Little League Kyle Seager ‘BAT NIGHT‘! Kids 14 & under get a bat.
- SAT & SUN Kirkland Artist Studio Tour Visit home studios of dozens of local artists.
- SUN Seattle STORM pre-season game at the KEY vs. LA Sparks at 1pm.
- SUN Rat City Rollergirls ‘Hangover Bout’ at the Rat’s Nest. 11am in Shoreline.
- SUN Color Run 5K Wear a white shirt and get bombarded by color as you run in Seattle.