Here’s the scoop on rules and regulations, and where they are banned for your fun and safety. Source and more info (HERE). – Shellie Hart
Fourth of July holiday
In unincorporated King County:
- Fireworks may be discharged only on July 4 from 9 a.m. to midnight.
- Fireworks sales are legal beginning at noon on June 28 until 11 p.m. and then daily between the hours of 9 a.m. and 11 p.m. through July 4. No sales can occur after July 4.
- To purchase fireworks you must be at least 16 years of age with picture identification.
The following regulations were in effect for the year 2013. For external links to individual cities, go to local city Web sites (external link). If you’re not sure if property is in unincorporated King County or within city limits, check jurisdiction online.
Please take the following precautions with all fireworks:
- Use only approved, legal, and common fireworks from reliable Washington State and King County Fire Marshal licensed retailers.
- Always have a responsible adult light all fireworks.
- Have a charged garden hose or a fire extinguisher handy.
- Use fireworks under outdoor conditions only, away from buildings, houses with wood shingles, trees, and dry fields.
- Avoid aerial type fireworks.
- Light one item at a time, move away quickly, and keep a safe distance away.
- Dispose of used fireworks by first soaking them in water.
- Ensure the safety of pets.
- Use eye protection.
- Remember your neighbors and clean up all debris.
- If a device does not light or fire, an adult should wait at least a minimum of five minutes before approaching the device.
- Remember, if it has a stick or fins and it goes up or if it blows up, it is illegal in Washington State.
- Rather than buying fireworks, attend a public fireworks display when available and make that a family tradition.
|City||Fireworks discharge regulations|
|Auburn||4th of July only 9 am to midnight|
|Black Diamond||4th of July only 9 am to midnight|
|Bothell||4th of July only 9 am to 11 pm|
|Covington||4th of July only 9 am to midnight|
|Duvall||4th of July only 9 am to 11 pm|
|Enumclaw||4th of July only 9 am to 11 pm|
|Kent||4th of July only 9 am to 11 pm|
|Lake Forest Park||Banned|
|Maple Valley||4th of July only 9 am to 11 pm|
|Mercer Island||4th of July only 9 am to 11 pm|
|Normandy Park||June 28 to July 4:
June 28: Noon-11 pm
June 29 ~ July 4: 9 am-11 pm
|North Bend||4th of July only 9 am to midnight|
|Pacific||4th of July only 9 am to midnight|
|Skykomish||4th of July only 9 am to 11 pm|
|Snoqualmie||4th of July only 6 pm to 11 pm|