Tacoma Freedom Fair
Join Warm 106.9 to celebrate the 4th of July this year, at the Tacoma Freedom Fair! Enjoy airshows, great food, vendors, exhibits, rides, and events - along with a lot of very exciting new ones! It's the South Sound's biggest annual event, and a party that you don't want to miss, which ends with the Northwest's biggest firework show over Puget Sound!
Plus, you’ll want to stop by the Warm 106.9 Family Fun Stage, where we'll host a pie-eating contest with pies provided by Shari's and other fun activities! Enter to win a pair of all-event tickets to Skate America at the ShoWare Center in Kent on October 19th-21st, a behind the scenes tour, and a chance to meet a member of the USA Team! Be sure to bring your radio too, and listen at 10PM to the fireworks show music simulcast on Warm 106.9. The Tacoma Freedom Fair begins at 10AM, along the Ruston Way Waterfront. We’ll see you there!
Directions and Maps
Express Bus Service
Parking free at the Tacoma Dome Station or the TCC Park and Ride and taking the Freedom Fair Express Bus is probably your best option - read more about the Freedom Fair Express Bus.
You can purchase Freedom Fair Bus Passes here!
Pedestrian access to Freedom Fair is at the main entrance for the Tacoma Freedom Fair, located at Ruston Way at McCarver Street. A secondary pedestrian entrance is located at Ruston Way and Alder Street (access at North 36th and come down the hill on Alder).
Suggested admission donations:
$2 Fan - $5 Friend - $10 LEADER - $15 PATRIOT Free thank you gift from Jiffy Lube® with any donation at the gate.
Your voluntary admission donations are greatly needed to support the presentation of the festival this year and beyond. Please give generously to help offset expenses incurred by the volunteer-driven non-profit organization that has presented this event for 30 years. Without your generous donations at the gate it may not be possible to cover expenses or hold the Freedom Fair next year.
The Tacoma Freedom Fair covers the full length of Ruston Way, which is closed to regular vehicular traffic throughout the festival.
Vehicles without passes will not have access to Ruston Way on the 4th of July. We recommend avoiding Schuster Parkway and the intersection of McCarver Street and North 30th Street. Please use alternate routes. The only general public vehicle access will be to the paid parking area.
Please enter the public parking area from N 46th Street to North Ferdinand Street. Follow Ferdinand down the hill to the Ruston Way Waterfront, where Access/Parking volunteers will issue you a parking pass for Lot #10, located on Ruston Way just below Waterview Street. Waterfront parking is on a first-come, first-served basis. Vehicle parking is $15.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the event hours?
- From 10 AM until the fireworks end at about 10:30 PM.
Is Freedom Fair only one day?
- Yes, it takes place only on July 4th every year. Although Freedom Fair is still celebrated on July 4th, in 2012, other Freedom Fair events are happening from June 29 to July 4.
When can I come down to pitch my picnic tent?
- Please don't come down early and pitch picnic tents. They interfere with our set up of vendors and entertainment activities. Wait until after 10:00 AM or use the Public Picnic zone across from Lot #10 – enter from N 49th to Ferdinand St. and pay to park across the street from the picnic zone. It’s nice because you get to have easy access to your car for loading. It's also convenient to all Freedom Fair activities during the day, and the Fireworks Extravaganza that evening.
How can I find where things are at Freedom Fair?
Can I bring my pet?
- Sorry, no. Freedom Fair is not an event for pets. For health and safety concerns all pets should be left at home.
What time do the streets close to traffic?
- Vehicles without passes will not have access to Ruston Way at all on the 4th of July. We recommend avoiding Schuster Parkway and the intersection of McCarver Street and North 30th Street. Please use alternate routes. The only general public vehicular access will be to the paid parking area along Ruston Way between the Lobster Shop Restaurant and the Ruston City limits.
Is there still time for me to enter the car show?
- There may be. We try to sell out with pre-registration but as of this moment we still have room for day of event registration while space lasts. Do not call if you have not sent in your pre-registration from before July 1. Available spaces will be sold the morning of the 4th of July while supplies last. Go to the check point at North 48th and Ferdinand Street and register there between 8:00 and 9:30 a.m.
For more information, visit FreedomFair.com.