Another fun and busy coupla days around the Puget Sound! Your weekend planning starts here:) – Shellie Hart
Saturday, April 19th from 11am-1pm w/Matt Case
Donate/purchase bears at all stores, locate one near you (HERE)
SAT April 19th EARTH DAY CELEBRATIONS (actual day 22nd)
- Earth Day Celebration at Olympic Sculpture Park includes music, tours, and activities.
- Earth Day Run is held at beautiful Alki Point.
- Earth Day Service Project is an opportunity to restore Seattle’s Seward Park.
- Newcastle Earth Day offers family events at Lake Boren Park on the Eastside.
SAT-SUN 19th – 20th Easter Egg Hunts
- King County – Easter egg hunts by city.
- Seattle Children’s Museum – Register online for egg hunts April 19 & 20.
- Seattle Community Centers – Select a center, click on “Spring/Summer” and search for “egg.”
- Washington State – Easter egg hunts by county.
- Woodland Park Zoo – Bunny Bounce is April 19 for children to age 8.
Other weekend events…
- FRI STARS on ICE at Key Arena.
- FRI COSMIC 5K RUN at WA State Fairgrounds.
- FRI Little Creek Casino welcomes KELLIE PICKLER.
- SAT Record Store Day. Locator (HERE)
- SAT Point Defiance Zoo celebrates Tiger Cub Cali’s 1st Birthday!
- SAT Woodland Park Zoo ‘BUNNY BOUNCE’. Animals, Baskets and Fun!
- SAT Husky Spring Preview. Watch DAWGS practice at Husky Stadium
- FRI-SAT Sakura-Con Anime Convention at WA State Convention Center
- SAT-SUN Free Entrance Days in the National Parks. Entry is free at Mount Rainier and Olympic National Parks.
- SAT-SUN Ballard Jazz Festival offers world-class musicians, a Swedish pancake jazz brunch, and a classic Volvo/Saab car show.
- THUR-SUN Norwescon a science fiction & fantasy convention features 200 panelists, vendors, events, and 24-hour gaming at DoubleTree Hotel in SeaTac.
- SAT-SUN Hop Scotch Beer & Scotch Festival in Fremont Studios, taste 80 varieties of beer, Scotch whisky, wine, and spirits at the annual which benefits the Seattle International Film Festival.
- Skagit Valley Tulip Festival features spectacular fields of blooming tulips and daffodils (field map). The free Tulip Festival Street Fair in Mount Vernon is April 25 to 27, 2014.
- Weekend Travel Alerts (HERE)