The School Nutrition Program was established to address child hunger in schools. Too often, children come to school without having eaten breakfast. Many times those same children did not have a proper dinner the night before, which leaves them with only school lunch to rely on. With that in mind, the Eastside Firefighters Benevolent Fund established the School Nutrition Program to address child hunger in schools.
The goal of the program is to:
- Work with Schools within the boundaries of Eastside Fire to identify children that could benefit from assistance.
- Collaborate with school staff on meaningful interventions.
- Engage with local business owners and the community to assist the Benevolent Fund in providing support to the schools.
- Bring attention within the community to the problem of child hunger.
- Act as a catalyst for change
How you can contribute/partner (HERE).
See KOMO 4 news story and video (HERE).