We have all asked or been asked questions that can take us aback; common questions that when phrased poorly seem insulting. Here are 6 questions that can come across as rude and how a simple rephrase can change the tone. Now you can be the most in-tune, polite person at the party and score some major bonus points!
- “What do you do?” Instead ask, “What’s been keeping you busy?”
- “Do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend yet?” Instead ask, “Who have you been hanging out with these days?”
- “When are you two having kids?” Instead ask, “What’s next for you and your husband/wife?”
- “How much did you pay for that?” Instead ask, “Do you have any secrets for getting a good deal?”
- “How much is your rent?” Instead ask, “Do you think rent is reasonable in this area?”
- “When will you be done with the house?” Instead ask, “What’s your latest home project?”
Click for the complete article from Apartment Therapy!