Daylight Saving Time begins on Sunday, 2:00 A.M to be exact. Which means we lose an hour of sleep Saturday night. Here are five tips to help you deal with the transition.
1. Cut out caffeine. Make sure you don’t have any caffeine at least six hours before bed. It’s a good rule of thumb in general, but especially important this weekend.
2. No alcohol either. Even just one drink can disturb your sleep. So skip the alcohol tomorrow night if you can.
3. Eat light. Don’t eat anything for at least two or three hours before you plan to go to bed. Otherwise it can interfere with the quality of your sleep.
4. Make your bed a place you want to sleep in. Meaning, fresh clean sheets . . . and no phones or iPads.
5. Go to bed earlier. To minimize the impact of the time change, make a few gradual adjustments rather than one big one.
Go to bed 15 to 30 minutes earlier than usual TONIGHT, and again tomorrow. You should be fully adjusted by Monday.
Check out the complete story HERE.