New Food Offerings, Superbowl Champions, Red Cross Donations and a moment of silence for Oso. It’s Mariner Baseball time again in the NW, our true to the blue will feature lots of new faces tonight, and new food around the stadium! Check out some of the other pregame festivities:
Here are some of the highlights of the pregame ceremony:
- The traditional christening of the field with the ceremonial first run around the bases by a Make-A-Wish child will feature 10 year old Avinash Day of Tacoma, who was diagnosed with familial polyposis, a life threatening medical condition. Avinash will be the first person to “touch them all” on Opening Night.
- The National Anthem will be performed by Navy Band Northwest, and the flags will be presented by the Lakewood Police Department and Joint Base Lewis-McChord I Corps Command Honor Guard.
- A moment of silence for the Oso mudslide victims and for Seattle sports legend Eddie O’Brien, who died at the age of 83 in February.
- Silver Slugger Award presentation to second baseman Robinson Cano.
- Former Mariners outfielder, now playing for the Los Angeles Angels, Raul Ibanez will be recognized as the 2014 recipient of the Hutch Award, which was presented in January at Safeco Field.
FULL LIST of EVENTS (HERE)
NEW FOOD OFFERINGS (HERE)